- Gorgeous in white: Karisma Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor keep it trendy in Manish Malhotra lehengas
- International Mother Language Day: Remembering Dhirendranath Dutta and others who died for Bengali language
- IAF chopper crash: This army officer's photo with her newborn at her husband's funeral has left everyone teary-eyed
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched a mobile application for the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) scheme in a function held at Chandigarh Press Club on Wednesday.
Vinay Kumar Saxena, chairman of KVIC, and Harjit Singh Grewal,chairman of Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board addressed the gathering about the new KVIC schemes, promotion of khadi and textile and to increase employment in rural sector.
Vinay Kumar Saxena said that to increase the demand and production of khadi, the government has introduced various plans. Recently, India’s petroleum minister introduced khadi uniforms for employees and wage workers.
- Cloth, idea, brand: What is khadi, to whom does it belong?
- Budget has given big thrust for MSME sector: Giriraj Singh
- Kerala government plans modernisation programmes for khadi sector
- KVIC to supply khadi kits to mark International Yoga Day
- Khadi scheme to be e-monitored
- Khadi commission to generate more employment in UP
The people related to this industry are small wage workers with less scope of development which include 90 per cent female workers.The KVIC schemes of PMEGP programme, KRDP, AWTF and SFURTI are for the development of these workers and khadi and village industries.
In the past eight years, the demand of khadi has increased to Rs 110 crore, increasing the sale and production of khadi. KVIC is planning different schemes and ideas to promote khadi industries. According to the chairman, the Ministry of Ayush will launch yoga kits made of khadi available at Khadi Bhawan in New Delhi as well as Sector 22D and 17E in Chandigarh, in the first phase.