People thronged city roads, many wearing the signature AAP cap, as party chief Arvind Kejriwal went on a roadshow in the city, seeking votes for party candidate Gul Panag on Sunday. The enthusiasm was evident, with a large number of vehicles following, as his cavalcade traversed through the inner roads of Chandigarh for around five hours in a glowing sun.
With Panag accompanying him on an open jeep, Kejriwal’s cavalcade passed through several colonies and villages, avoiding the posh northern sectors, although it did touch some of the urban areas.
Party workers gathered at Ramdarbar on Sunday morning, waiting for Kejriwal to arrive from Ambala. Several vehicles were lined up to be part of the cavalcade. With Vande Mataram playing at a high pitch, Kejriwal’s arrival was marked with a flurry of excitement. Party volunteers surged ahead to reach him. Several tried climbing on to his jeep. Attempts to stop them by the police were prevented by Kejriwal.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
After a short address by Kejriwal, the cavalcade started moving through the inner roads of Ramdarbar. People gathered on to the balconies and rooftops to catch a glimpse. Patriotic songs continued to play in the background.
From Ramdarbar, the cavalcade proceeded to Sector 47 and then 46. Everywhere, there were groups of AAP volunteers waiting. As the cavalcade proceeded, the number of people and vehicles accompanying swelled.
Traffic stalled along the route, at places it led to chaos with the number of vehicles much more than for which permission had been sought for.
The roadshow culminated at Manimajra, before entering Panchkula.
A volunteer said that while Kejriwal wanted to cut short the route a little, they ensured that all areas, as planned, were covered.