In a significant development that may spell trouble for MLA Ram Kumar Chaudhary, a local court here on Saturday allowed an application filed by Buti Ram seeking permission to be re-examined. Ram, father of Jyoti who was allegedly murdered by the MLA, had moved the court stating that he was forced to take a U-turn from his statement in the court. He had alleged that he was threatened with dire consequences by Chaudhary’s men following which he had resiled.
However, a few days later, he had again moved the court to narrate the truth. For the said purpose, he had moved an application seeking permission to be re-examined. The same was allowed by a local court here on Saturday. He will depose again before the court on February 12.
“We had filed an application in the court under Section 311 of the CrPC for re-examination of Ram since he was threatened by Chaudhary and his men to turn hostile. The application has been allowed. Ram will depose afresh on February 12,” said Jitender Sehrawat, counsel for Ram.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
On December 23 last, Ram was declared hostile by the court after he retracted from his statement given initially to the police. He had refused to support the case of the prosecution against MLA Chaudhary, the prime accused in the case.
Refusing to recognise Chaudhary in a photograph where he is seen posing at the wedding of Ram’s younger daughter, the father had flatly disowned his statement.
Giving a clean chit to Chaudhary, the father had submitted before the court that Chaudhary did not have any relations with Jyoti.
In a statement given to the police, Ram had earlier said that Chaudhary established a relationship with Jyoti on the pretext of marrying her but later he went back on his word.
However, on January 3, Ram claimed that he was threatened with dire consequences and was told not to depose against the MLA.
In a written complaint given to the Panchkula police, Ram had claimed that he had received repeated threats from henchmen and relatives of Chaudhary. He also claimed that he was offered bribes to withdraw from the case. Ram also produced a CD allegedly containing a recorded conversation between him and two persons who allegedly threatened him.
According to Ram, on December 23 last, around 4 am he along with his lawyer Sehrawat, brother-in-law Lakhwinder and driver Ranjit headed towards Panchkula court from Bhunga village in a taxi. As they reached Mohali, an unidentified car intercepted their taxi and blocked its way. Four unidentified persons, armed with guns, came out of the car and threatened Ram not to testify in the court, failing which they would kill him. The same day in the court, Ram turned hostile and refused to recognise Chaudhary.