Riding high on her serve, local girl Sanya Sethi stormed her way into the main draw with a resounding 15-8, 15-13 win over Mayuri Yadav of Uttar Pradesh in the final qualification round in the girls’ U-19 category in the 24th Smt Krishna Khaitan All India Junior Ranking Badminton Tournament being played at Panjab University Badminton Hall and Badminton Complex, Sector 42, Tuesday.
In another match in the same category, Unnati Bisht of Uttrakhand booked her place in the main round as she registered a 15-9, 15-9 win over R Saita of Karnataka. It was easy-going for Maharashtra’s Mughda Agrey as she ended the challenge of Likhita Srivastava of Delhi with a 15-6, 15-11 margin. Another Maharashra player, Pooja Devlakar, too booked her place in the main draw as she scored a narrow 15-9, 9-15, 15-8 win over Shivani Santosh Singh of Haryana.
- All England Championships: Tougher contest follows tough day for India
- Maini Boruah, fireman’s daughter, makes a fiery comeback in Smt. Khaitan Memorial Junior tournament
- Krishna Khaitan Junior tournament: Aakarshi beats Keertha to enter second round
- Krishna Khaitan Junior tournament: Nikita Sharma, Keertha enter main draw
- Chandigarh player enters pre-quarter finals of badminton tournament
- Inspired Sanya pulls off thrilling win
In the girls’ U-17 category, Unnati Bisht of Uttrakhand continued her fine form as she rallied into the main draw with a 15-6, 15-14 win over Aadya Variyath of Kerala. In another match in the same category, Amolika Singh of Uttar Pradesh ended the challenge of Mughda Agrey with a 15-9, 15-10 win, while Ananya Goel of Delhi also marched into the main draw with a 15-12, 14-15, 15-6 win over Maini Boruah of Assam.
Namita Pathania from Delhi ended the challenge of Mayuri Yadav of Uttar Pradesh with a 15-12, 15-10 win to rally into the main draw in the same category. For Rashi Lambe of Maharashtra, it was a 15-13, 15-5 win over Hema Dhruthi of Andhra Pradesh to enter the main draw. In another match in the same category, Rashi Tyagi of Uttar Pradesh registered a 15-9, 12-15, 15-8 win over Janhvi Khanna of Gujarat.