From next month, tourists and train commuters can visit holiday destinations such as Goa and Darjeeling as IRCTC will be servicing extra coaches on selected trains plying on these routes.
Tourists planning to flock to Goa can board the Kerala Sampark Kranti Express at 8.55 am from the Chandigarh railway station on September 3 and get down at the Madgaon railway station the following day at 10.15 pm.
The boarding destinations include Chandigarh, Ambala and New Delhi. Using the same train service, the visitors can return to Chandigarh on September 8 at 8.15 pm.
For Darjeeling enthusiasts, the Chandigarh-Dibrugarh Express can be boarded at 11.15 pm from the Chandigarh railway station on September 10.
The train reaches the New Jalpaiguri station in Siliguri, West Bengal, at 10.15 am on September 12.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The boarding destinations include Chandigarh and Ambala. Using the same train service, the visitors can return to Chandigarh on September 17 at 1.10 pm.
The coaches will be of sleeper class category and carry 70 passengers each, with the facility of on board catering services(vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner).
The cost of the Goa package tour will be Rs 10,210 per head while the Darjeeling package will cost Rs 13,170 per head.
The Goa tour entails visits to Fort Aguada, Calangute; Basilica of Bom Jesus Church, Old Goa; Mangueshi Temple, Priol; apart from beach visits.
The Darjeeling tour will include visits to Tiger hill, Darjeeling; Yiga Choeling Monastery in Ghum; Darjeeling tea gardens; Tsomgo Lake, Rumtek Monastery and Baba Mandir near Gangtok, Sikkim, among other local attractions.
Both packages include the train fare, non-AC hall accommodation wherever night stay is planned, non-AC buses for local sightseeing and vegetarian meals.