From next month, tourists and train commuters can visit holiday destinations such as Goa and Darjeeling as IRCTC will be servicing extra coaches on selected trains plying on these routes.
Tourists planning to flock to Goa can board the Kerala Sampark Kranti Express at 8.55 am from the Chandigarh railway station on September 3 and get down at the Madgaon railway station the following day at 10.15 pm.
The boarding destinations include Chandigarh, Ambala and New Delhi. Using the same train service, the visitors can return to Chandigarh on September 8 at 8.15 pm.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
For Darjeeling enthusiasts, the Chandigarh-Dibrugarh Express can be boarded at 11.15 pm from the Chandigarh railway station on September 10.
The train reaches the New Jalpaiguri station in Siliguri, West Bengal, at 10.15 am on September 12.
The boarding destinations include Chandigarh and Ambala. Using the same train service, the visitors can return to Chandigarh on September 17 at 1.10 pm.
The coaches will be of sleeper class category and carry 70 passengers each, with the facility of on board catering services(vegetarian – breakfast, lunch and dinner).
The cost of the Goa package tour will be Rs 10,210 per head while the Darjeeling package will cost Rs 13,170 per head.
The Goa tour entails visits to Fort Aguada, Calangute; Basilica of Bom Jesus Church, Old Goa; Mangueshi Temple, Priol; apart from beach visits.
The Darjeeling tour will include visits to Tiger hill, Darjeeling; Yiga Choeling Monastery in Ghum; Darjeeling tea gardens; Tsomgo Lake, Rumtek Monastery and Baba Mandir near Gangtok, Sikkim, among other local attractions.
Both packages include the train fare, non-AC hall accommodation wherever night stay is planned, non-AC buses for local sightseeing and vegetarian meals.