A day after operations cell of the Chandigarh Police arrested four persons who were allegedly sending messages to Tricity residents for betting in IPL, police said that the accused had started conning people 15 days back after they accidentally sent a message to a police informer.
All the four accused Devi Bansal, resident of Vikas Nagar, Mauli Jagran, Dinesh Kathuria a resident of Maya Green society, Zirakpur, Varinder Kumar alias Kala a resident of Sector 45 and Sushant Rawat alias Ishu a resident of Baltana were remanded in judicial custody by a local court on Friday.
Talking to Newsline, accused Dinesh showed no sign of repentance and said, ‘everyone does it, so what if we did it.’
The accused were arrested from Mauli Jagran when the they were taking money from a decoy customer sent by the operations cell. After they were arrested, police recovered the two currency notes of denomination Rs100 and Rs 500 which were given to them by the decoy.
Police also recovered 13 mobile phones which were used to sent the SMSs along with Rs 1,210 and a note-book in which they were maintaining records of the alleged gambling.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The accused has been booked under relevant sections of Gambling Act and Section 420 (Cheating) of the IPC. Police said that the accused had been involved in betting and lotteries for the last many years.