The administration has set up a control room, wherein nodal officers from various departments would share and discuss daily updates, for the smooth conduct of the second edition of the International Yoga Day in the city on June 21.
To create awareness among people about the latest happenings of the mega event, the administration will use social media platforms. A mobile application for the online registration, a social media page on Facebook and YouTube will also be launched next week.
A meeting was held on Thursday at the UT Secretariat under the chairmanship of Adviser Parimal Rai to review the preparations being done for the event. Representatives of Patanjali Yogapeeth, Art of Living, Isha Foundation and other Yoga organisations also took part in the meeting.
- Social media surveillance by Boston Police Dept unfairly targeted Muslims: Report
- Yoga the only way to live healthy life, says Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
- Advisory: What’s up? Don’t be unsocial on social media, says PGIMER to employees
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell wants to hold masterclass for Indian girls
- Yoga Day: Chandigarh launches website, toll-free number for registration
- Before Yoga Day mega show, UT admn plans yoga festival
Around 1,000 trainers from different yoga organisations will be trained in the three-day orientation programme, which started at the cricket stadium in Sector 16 on Thursday. These trainers would then impart training to residents at 200 venues finalised by the administration across the city. The month-long public training camps will be conducted from May 21 to June 21.
Trainers, members of residents’ welfare associations and volunteers would be present at each camp to ensure that proper training is given to the residents.
Registrations for the public camps can be done both online and offline.
The administration officials, volunteers from NCC, non-government organisations, self-help groups, corporate organisations and residents’ welfare associations will work together to make the event successful to be held at Capitol Complex on June 21.