Arun Mahajan has been unanimously elected as the president of Industries Association of Chandigarh (IAC).
Pankaj Khanna has been elected as vice-president, while YK Mahajan as secretary. Rahul Khera and Satinder Singh Sarkaria have been elected as joint secretary and treasurer, respectively.
Disappointed at the high rates fixed for leasehold to leasehold and leasehold to freehold transfers by the Chandigarh administration, the association has urged to calculate rates on the pattern of Delhi.
- Jammu: Third terrorist involved in attacking SSB men at Banihal arrested
- Rohingya crisis: Myanmar says bodies of 28 Hindu villagers found in Rakhine State
- In Mexico City, hopes of finding quake survivors dwindle
- One dead in late night fire at Gujarat's Kandla Port
- Britain's Labour Party to be 'grown ups in the room', ready to lead Brexit talks
- Jharkhand fire: Eight killed, 25 injured at firecracker factory in Kumardubi
Mahajan said: “We will submit a copy of the policy framed by Delhi along with a memorandum. The administration had started the process of framing a policy on the pattern of Delhi in 2012, which is yet to see light of the day.”
According to the official records, there are over 50,000 properties that have been allotted on lease for 99 years by the administration, of which 2,000 are industrial plots in Phase I and Phase II of the Industrial Area.
The administration had set up Phases I and II of the Industrial Area during the ‘70s on an area of 147 acres.
These issues have also been highlighted in the Chandigarh Master Plan 2031.