Wife of Punjab Police IG Gautam Cheema, who is on the run after a case of abduction was registered against him last week, has demanded a high-level probe into the ‘fraudulent’ land deals between alleged conman Devinder Singh Gill alias Devinder Singh Thapa and an ‘important lobby of Punjab IPS officers’ who, she alleged, were targetting her husband.
Holding a press conference here on Wednesday, the IG’s wife Sukhmani Cheema alleged that her husband was innocent. Among those after him were a ‘gang of criminals’ involved in cases of fraud, cheating and rape.
She said her husband and Devinder, who is now in jail, were once good friends. Certain IPS officers invested in Devinder’s projects. When Devinder’s fraud came to light, these officers first started approaching her husband for help to recover their money, and later turned against him for reasons she does not know.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
“This campaign is headed by Kricspy Khera (wife of Devinder Singh) against whom also cases of cheating and fraud are pending with the Mohali Police for last one year,” she said.
Kricspy Khera has lodged a complaint of molestation against IG Cheema and Ajay Chaudhary, both of whom are also co-accused in the case of alleged abduction of Sumedh Gulati from the phase 1 police station. Gulati is Devinder’s business partner.
Sukhmani provided to media the CCTV footage from outside a private hospital to state that her husband never ‘abducted’ Gulati on the night of August 26, as mentioned in the FIR. “The FIR and CCTV footage are contradictory. Cheema went to the hospital where Sumedh Gulati arrived in a separate car with his wife later on. Where was the abduction?” she asked.
“Moreover, Cheema was accompanied by Vicky Verma and Vishal Utreja, both of whom are aides of Kricspy Khera.
“The truth is Cheema was called by Kricspy on the pretext of bringing the dispute to an end through discussion,” she said. Sukhmani said that two days before Kricspy tried to commit suicide, she had written a letter to Cheema saying that others were ‘benefiting’ from the ongoing fight between them. She said Kricspy gave details of some ‘monetary transactions’ also in the letter.
Sukhmani asserted that Cheema is ready to join any investigation, but if any injustice is done to him, she may have to disclose names of the IPS officers who have financial interests with the gang.
As for Kricspy’s complaint of molestation, she said, “I do not deny that Cheema went to Kricspy’s house on March 20, but the molestation charge is baseless. Initially, she complained that the incident took place on March 19, when my husband was in Allahabad.
“She changed her complaint several times after that. And why did she lodge a complaint months after the incident?” asked Sukhmani.
According to the Mohali Police FIR, Kricspy lodged her complaint on July 21, four months after the alleged incident.