Dissatisfied with the services of a hotel at his brother’s pre-wedding party, a resident of Panchkula moved the district consumer court seeking action against the hotel and its proprietors. Upon hearing the case, the forum directed the hotel and its proprietors to pay Rs 10,000 as compensation and cost of litigation to the aggrieved party.
Ishwar Jindal, a resident of Sector 5, had booked Shiraaz-2 hotel in Sector 5 for the pre-wedding and wedding party of his brother scheduled on September 14 and November 19 last year respectively. Jindal had deposited an advance payment of Rs 20,000 for the wedding party with the assurance from the hotel that in case Jindal was not satisfied with the arrangements, quality of food and service in the pre-wedding party, he could cancel the wedding party and the advance amount deposited by him would be returned.
On September 14, 2013 when Jindal and his relatives reached the venue for the pre-wedding party, they were shocked to see the poor arrangements at the hotel. Jindal also alleged that the snacks offered were tasteless and the service of the hotel was bad.
In order to save his reputation in front of his friends and relatives at the next event, Jindal decided to cancel the booking of the wedding party and sought refund of the advance payment made by him. However, even after repeated requests, the hotel proprietors kept on dilly-dallying the matter. Jindal finally moved the consumer court.
Upon hearing the case, the forum said, “The non appearance of the oppositions despite notices shows that they have nothing to say in their defence or against the allegations made by the complainant. Therefore, the assertions made by the complainant go unrebutted and uncontroverted.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More