Unidentified men hijacked the Maruti Swift car of Ishwar Singh, Under Secretary in the Law Department of the Haryana Government, who was sitting inside near the Sector 43 ISBT on Monday. They beat him, robbed him and then pushed him out of the moving car near Kurali.
The incident took place around 6 am when Singh was returning to his residence in Sector 7 after dropping his son Vijay, who works in an IT firm at Jalandhar, at the ISBT.
Four men in a Maruti 800 stopped him near the ISBT and started asking directions for Sector 17. Moving quickly, one of them took the car keys out from the key-hole while others pulled Singh out of the car. Singh’s face was covered with a towel and he was made to sit between two men on the back seat. One sat in the front and started driving towards Kharar. The fourth man drove the Maruti 800.
The men beat up Singh, took away his wallet and watch and pushed him out of the car near Kurali. Luckily, Singh did not suffer any serious injuries.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Surjit Singh Malik said, “A local man helped him reach the Kurali bus stand”. The man also gave Singh some money to reach Chandigarh. After reaching Chandigarh, Singh approached the Police Post at ISBT-43. The officials there reported the matter to the SHO of the Sector 36 police station.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Singh told the police that the men, who carried a pistol, kept asking him to sit quietly and kept assaulting him. The police is getting the sketches of the accused made. Neither Singh’s car, nor Maruti 800 has been found.
A source in the police said that some persons in a similar Maruti 800 car had tried to attack Singh a few weeks back while he was going home from his office.