Unidentified men hijacked the Maruti Swift car of Ishwar Singh, Under Secretary in the Law Department of the Haryana Government, who was sitting inside near the Sector 43 ISBT on Monday. They beat him, robbed him and then pushed him out of the moving car near Kurali.
The incident took place around 6 am when Singh was returning to his residence in Sector 7 after dropping his son Vijay, who works in an IT firm at Jalandhar, at the ISBT.
Four men in a Maruti 800 stopped him near the ISBT and started asking directions for Sector 17. Moving quickly, one of them took the car keys out from the key-hole while others pulled Singh out of the car. Singh’s face was covered with a towel and he was made to sit between two men on the back seat. One sat in the front and started driving towards Kharar. The fourth man drove the Maruti 800.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The men beat up Singh, took away his wallet and watch and pushed him out of the car near Kurali. Luckily, Singh did not suffer any serious injuries.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Surjit Singh Malik said, “A local man helped him reach the Kurali bus stand”. The man also gave Singh some money to reach Chandigarh. After reaching Chandigarh, Singh approached the Police Post at ISBT-43. The officials there reported the matter to the SHO of the Sector 36 police station.
Singh told the police that the men, who carried a pistol, kept asking him to sit quietly and kept assaulting him. The police is getting the sketches of the accused made. Neither Singh’s car, nor Maruti 800 has been found.
A source in the police said that some persons in a similar Maruti 800 car had tried to attack Singh a few weeks back while he was going home from his office.