In the coming year, the government will add provisions to its schemes to ensure that those availing should fulfill certain conditions like payment of electricity bills and house tax, among others, said Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Monday.
Haryana has sought details of unpaid power bills from those applying for ‘Shikshit Yuva-Sammanit Hua’, under which an honorarium of Rs 9,000 would be given to the post-graduate unemployed youth in lieu of 100 hours of work done by them. They would also be required to have an Aadhaar number.
Khattar said, “We have sought details of power bills to know if there is something pending so that from next year we could modify the scheme. We could add a provision of deducting money from the allowance that is given so bills are repaid. This could be extended to other government schemes as well.
Khattar said there was a need to develop a habit among citizens of following rules to avail government schemes. “The government recently paid Rs 25,500 crore under the Uday scheme to pay off the debt of the power department. The losses were accumulating over the years from the tenure of the previous governments. We felt that the department would not be able to emerge from the losses and the money was paid. Whether it is industrial users, commercial users or households, there is a cross subsidy available. But whatever is due should be paid by the consumers. Everyone takes benefit of government schemes. But what is due to the government is not given which is not correct,” he said.
The Haryana government had earlier made payment of power bills as one of the conditions during the panchayat elections earlier this year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More