Supporters of Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa,on Sunday,alleged that his family and lawyer were not being allowed to meet him in Ropar jail. At the same time they condemned Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singhs statement about Gurbakshs fast going against Sikh principles.
The jail authorities remained tight-lipped as we repeatedly asked them to let us meet Gurbaksh,which is our legal right. They even refused to take our application and did not give us any written response even when we asked, said advocate Amar Singh Chahal.
Talking about Gurbachans stand on the issue,SAD (Panch Pardhani) president Harpal Singh Cheema said,Earlier he supported us. The Akal Takht even organised a march in our support. Even when he came here,he sympathised with the strike. However,after he reportedly met Sukhbir Singh Badal,he has taken a U-turn.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Cheema also said similar hunger strikes,being reported from Ferozepur and Jammu,should not continue as any action related to Gurbakshs fast should first be discussed with them to ensure the movement stays peaceful.
Gurbaksh,who is on an indefinite fast demanding release of six prisoners he claims have completed their terms,is currently under preventive custody in Ropar jail.
After he was picked up by police late on Thursday night,his supporters replaced him with volunteer Damandeep Singh.
Damandeep,while talking to the media,said Gurbakshs release from jail has been added to their demands and he will not break his fast until all seven prisoners are released.
Punjab may get its own AAP
MOHALI: Former DGP (Prisons) of Punjab,Shashi Kant,who has been supporting the hunger strike,on Sunday said the response to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi has triggered a nation-wide wave of clean politics. Various non-political individuals and organisations,centred around Gurbakshs fast,were conceptualising the formation of a similar party in Punjab that would be called either Justice Party or Ghadar Party,according to Kant. We would want a party consisting of credible members,including retired judges,lawyers,teachers and other people with non-political backgrounds. The party,if formed,would be headed by a retired Supreme Court judge, said Shashi Kant.