AAP candidate Gulkirat Kaur Panag visited Dhanas while campaigning for the elections and expressed her discontent at the conditions prevailing there. She said that the cause of the same was poor governance.
She said it was apparent that there are two Chandigarhs that exist, one of the haves and the other of the have-nots. Chandigarh of the privileged is a clean, ordered and decent city. But the Chandigarh of the poor that is revealed in places like Dhanas exists in filth and squalor.
She said, “It reflects the complete apathy and insensitivity of the existing government and shows the extent of the corruption that infiltrates the entire system preventing appropriate allocation of funds and execution of the plans required to lift communities out of such terrible living conditions.”
Gul blamed the local MP and the municipal corporation for the situation. In the last 25 years Chandigarh has had either the BJP or Congress in power. She said that Bansal has been MP here for four terms and has not done much for the development of the city.
Panag’s next campaign stop for the day was the PGI langar. She interacted with patients and relatives. She said that the claim of the MP that the facilities have been improved seemed patently unfounded.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Panag said, “Our doctors and the equipment at the hospital is fabulous but I hear that the doctor-patient ratio is so unequal that it makes providing timely medical care a huge challenge. And the fact is simply that we are treating patients from all neighbouring states, and not just from the city.”
She also visited the Sector 17 Plaza, where she interacted with shoppers and other residents to understand their daily experience and issues. She suggested that it could be made a vehicle-free zone.
She also suggested the need for newer parking facilities as well as underground parking to help enable the easy transition to a vehicle free zone that would enhance visitor experience tremendously. A rally was also held in Sector 21 that was organised by the youth volunteers of the party.
Kejriwal in city on March 30
Senior AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal would be in city on March 30. He will hold a road show from 9 am to 12 noon. Starting from Sector 29-31 roundabout, the road show will proceed to Ramdarbar, Sarangpur, New Colony, Madhya Marg, PGI, Vidya Path, Dakshin Marg, Sector 26 and Manimajra. There will be 18 stops along the way where Kejriwal will address volunteers.