A public grievances redressal camp was held in Industrial Area, Chandigarh, Tuesday. As many as 15 cases were taken up, out of which six were disposed of. The rest have been marked for registration of cases at the concerned police stations.
- Graft case: ASI took money through aide, booked for extortion
- Police complaint redressal camps: FIRs lodged, but nothing much after that, say complainants
- 15 complaints disposed of at public grievances redressal camp
- Mixed response to Chandigarh's public grievances redressal camp
- Grievances redressal camp: 18 complaints disposed of, SSP urges more citizen participation
- Chandigarh cops conduct two public grievances redressal camps
The camp was held under the supervision of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Dr Sukhchain Singh Gill. During the camp, he urged the residents to take maximum advantage of the camps and also urged the Resident Welfare Associations to guide the residents to attend such camps.
Relief after long
During the camp, a 30-year-old woman alleged that her husband had made an obscene video of hers and was also harassing her to bring more dowry. The woman alleged that despite repeated complaints, her case had not been registered at the Sector 34 police station. However, the case has now been referred to S-I Sarita for further inquiry.