Two visually impaired students of Post-graduate Government College, Sector 11, suffered fractures when they were knocked down by the official car of the Chief Engineer of Punjab Irrigation department, Harvinder Singh, on Wednesday.
The two students were identified as Balraj and Ramandeep. Balraj suffered a fracture in the thigh while Ramandeep suffered multiple fractures in one leg and an arm. The accident took place on Madhya Marg in front of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee office in Sector 15.
A witness, Varun Sharma told Newsline, “I was behind the car. There was very little traffic when these two blind students were crossing the road. The car hit them, a crowd gathered at the spot and by the time the police arrived, the chief engineer had gone away. The police took away the driver,” adding, “no one from the Punjab Irrigation Department came forward to help the two students. An executive engineer later came to the hospital and requested for a compromise.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The police said the driver of the car, Satpal Singh, was arrested and a case of rash and negligent driving was registered at the Sector 11 police station.
Both the students were taken to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16. Ramandeep was later shifted to the trauma ward and the doctors have recommended a surgery for him after two days.
In hospital, Balraj said they were returning to the college from Sector 15 where they had gone to fill up forms for a government job. Both are BA final-year students. While Balraj lives in the college hostel, Ramandeep stays in Sector 27 with his family.