Two visually impaired students of Post-graduate Government College, Sector 11, suffered fractures when they were knocked down by the official car of the Chief Engineer of Punjab Irrigation department, Harvinder Singh, on Wednesday.
The two students were identified as Balraj and Ramandeep. Balraj suffered a fracture in the thigh while Ramandeep suffered multiple fractures in one leg and an arm. The accident took place on Madhya Marg in front of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee office in Sector 15.
A witness, Varun Sharma told Newsline, “I was behind the car. There was very little traffic when these two blind students were crossing the road. The car hit them, a crowd gathered at the spot and by the time the police arrived, the chief engineer had gone away. The police took away the driver,” adding, “no one from the Punjab Irrigation Department came forward to help the two students. An executive engineer later came to the hospital and requested for a compromise.”
The police said the driver of the car, Satpal Singh, was arrested and a case of rash and negligent driving was registered at the Sector 11 police station.
Both the students were taken to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16. Ramandeep was later shifted to the trauma ward and the doctors have recommended a surgery for him after two days.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
In hospital, Balraj said they were returning to the college from Sector 15 where they had gone to fill up forms for a government job. Both are BA final-year students. While Balraj lives in the college hostel, Ramandeep stays in Sector 27 with his family.