The 60th annual convocation of Government College of Education in Sector 20 was organised on Tuesday in the presence of Chandigarh Administrator and Governor of Punjab and Haryana Kaptan Singh Solanki.
Around 250 B.Ed and M.Ed students were conferred with degrees at the convocation ceremony. Professor Kaptan Singh Solanki presided over the convocation, with Director of Higher Education Jitender Yadav as the Guest of Honour on the occasion. College principal Dr Harsh Batra read out the annual report of the college and highlighted the achievements of the institution in various fields. She also highlighted the efforts of the faculty, students and other staff members of the college in furthering and fulfilling the educational objectives of the college.
- Primary education should be given in mother tongue: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
- DU convocation: President Kovind and Javadekar stress on filling vacant faculty positions
- PEC holds annual convocation ceremony
- Annual convocation held at GCW at MTSC
- PU convocation turns sour: Parents protest after denied entry to event
- Aurbindo College confers degrees on 110 students
Professor Solanki, while delivering the convocation address, congratulated the graduating students. He motivated the young teachers to fortify the virtues of high character, discipline, honesty and integrity in order to justify themselves to their endeavour of choosing this noble profession. He said that teachers have a special obligation to encourage the pursuit of learning and all round development of pupils for improvement of the education system.
The fifth annual issue of research journal ‘The ‘Educational Beacon’ was also released on this occasion by the Chief Guest.