Next time you want to know the status of a flight you want to board,simply log into http://www.g.co/startsearchingindia. Sample this: not only the departure and arrival time,the newly added feature by Google will also show the exact location of the flight.
Not only this,the new tab also gives weather update after every three hours. When to carry an umbrella,peak heat hours are some of the added features. Google India on Monday launched its Start Searching India campaign in Chandigarh to help Indian Internet users get the most out of the web with Google search.
Formally launched for the first time in city beautiful,the new feature,which is already in operation,will also be launched across India. Exclusively tailored for India,the tab provides instant information about nearby restaurants,ATMs. Simply type in details of the city and it offers exact and precise information about theatres where you can catch the next movie,restaurants where you can sip and take a quick bite,and ATMs where you can withdraw cash from. It also provides a research option using which you can search on any topic and get the latest information. Also,if you are weak in arithmetic,the site offers a calculator for difficult computation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The weather forecast keeps you posted about the inclement weather. Not only of the present day but one can also find weather forecast for the approaching week.
Customised search options relating to movie timings that adhere to ones busy schedules are also available. The panel includes a feature through which one can simply select the hour and day when one wishes to see the movie,whether early morning or late night .
Also,one can just type in the cuisine that suits ones taste buds and a list of restaurants will be available,under the restaurants head.
Launching the site,Sandeep Menon,marketing director,Google India,said: Chandigarh is believed to be one of the top cities when it comes to Internet usage. We are glad to see this user pool making Google search synonymous with Internet usage.
Google analysed the citys search behaviour and compiled a list of Google Search Trends for the last one month. The study revealed that education and travel are the most searched queries by Chandigarhians. With education boards declaring annual results,students were glued to Google.
Another interesting trend being searched was weekend getaways like Shimla and Manali. Yoga and Net Banking also emerged as one of the top searched trends.
The objective behind this study was to understand the impact the Internet has on Chandigarh populace and their day-to-day life. Now comparisons can also be made via Google Explore which demonstrates graphs for comparing two items.
All this will be available at one online destination. The accuracy of the results is very high in India,especially the Google Maps,that are validated continuously. There are approximately 500 million entities on the knowledge panel with over 3.5 billion attributes. All that is shown in sci-fi movies has to be made real,and we will do that for you, said Menon.