Next time you want to know the status of a flight you want to board,simply log into http://www.g.co/startsearchingindia. Sample this: not only the departure and arrival time,the newly added feature by Google will also show the exact location of the flight.
Not only this,the new tab also gives weather update after every three hours. When to carry an umbrella,peak heat hours are some of the added features. Google India on Monday launched its Start Searching India campaign in Chandigarh to help Indian Internet users get the most out of the web with Google search.
Formally launched for the first time in city beautiful,the new feature,which is already in operation,will also be launched across India. Exclusively tailored for India,the tab provides instant information about nearby restaurants,ATMs. Simply type in details of the city and it offers exact and precise information about theatres where you can catch the next movie,restaurants where you can sip and take a quick bite,and ATMs where you can withdraw cash from. It also provides a research option using which you can search on any topic and get the latest information. Also,if you are weak in arithmetic,the site offers a calculator for difficult computation.
The weather forecast keeps you posted about the inclement weather. Not only of the present day but one can also find weather forecast for the approaching week.
Customised search options relating to movie timings that adhere to ones busy schedules are also available. The panel includes a feature through which one can simply select the hour and day when one wishes to see the movie,whether early morning or late night .
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Also,one can just type in the cuisine that suits ones taste buds and a list of restaurants will be available,under the restaurants head.
Launching the site,Sandeep Menon,marketing director,Google India,said: Chandigarh is believed to be one of the top cities when it comes to Internet usage. We are glad to see this user pool making Google search synonymous with Internet usage.
Google analysed the citys search behaviour and compiled a list of Google Search Trends for the last one month. The study revealed that education and travel are the most searched queries by Chandigarhians. With education boards declaring annual results,students were glued to Google.
Another interesting trend being searched was weekend getaways like Shimla and Manali. Yoga and Net Banking also emerged as one of the top searched trends.
The objective behind this study was to understand the impact the Internet has on Chandigarh populace and their day-to-day life. Now comparisons can also be made via Google Explore which demonstrates graphs for comparing two items.
All this will be available at one online destination. The accuracy of the results is very high in India,especially the Google Maps,that are validated continuously. There are approximately 500 million entities on the knowledge panel with over 3.5 billion attributes. All that is shown in sci-fi movies has to be made real,and we will do that for you, said Menon.