A Total of 1,024 votes were cast on Sunday to elect the new president of the Chandigarh Golf Club. The number was less than last year when a record 1,142 members voted, which made it the highest polling since the formation of the club.
This year, Tegvir Singh Sibia is up against Birinder Singh Gill for the post of the president. Also, 21-members are contesting for the 11-member executive body committee.
However, all eyes will be on the two in fray for the post of president. Sibia, who contested for the same post last year too, is an agriculturist. He had earlier served as the president of the club from 1998-99 and 2000-02.
Exuding confidence Sibia said, “I am 100 per cent confident of winning,” he said. Stressing on the development of the golf course and transparency in the finances of the club, Sibia said, “Improving the golf course and controlling the finances is something I am keen on. Also, we are demanding for RTI, which will bring transparency to the club,” he added.
On the other hand, Birinder Singh Gill said he would not take anything for granted until the results were declared. His priorities, if he wins, are clear: “I want to bring Chandigarh Golf Club course among the top 10 in India, sort the course out, which though is a difficult task can be achieved. Also, the aim is to rationalise prices. Moreover, we want to come up with more social activities related to golf events and increase footfall here. And then there is the junior golf programme which is very close to my heart. We have some good junior golfers and I want to push further to provide better exposure,” said Gill, who served as president in 2009-10 and then from 2010-11.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The voting for the post of president and executive members is not done using electronic machines but manually. The results for the post of the president are expected to be out by 9:30 am on Monday, while that of the executives will be announced on Monday evening.