The audit and inspection report of the accounts of Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) for the year 2013-14 has revealed various regularities to the tune of crores.
From the non-deposit and irregular utilisation of change of land use (CLU) charges worth Rs 65.27 crore, to the short levy of CLU charges worth Rs 37.16 crore with respect to the project of IT City (knowledge city), to the outstanding recovery of nearly Rs 280 crore from colonies and mega projects, the report (obtained by Newsline under the RTI Act) has revealed glaring irregularities committed by GMADA.
Irregular utilisation of Rs 65.27 crore on ‘CM’s direction’. According to the report by an audit party headed by Assistant Audit Officer Raj Kumar, GMADA collected Rs 65.27 crore as CLU charges in respect of IT City Mohali for 1754 acres of residential, group housing and commercial land. However, the rates for commercial and group housing were charged less as compared to prevailing rates.
Moreover, out of this money, Rs 9.77 crore were retained by the department while Rs 55.50 crore were incurred on the construction of Mohali District Administrative Centre (DAC) even though the money was to be deposited into government accounts.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“On this being pointed out in audit, GMADA authorities admitted that the funds for construction of DAC were released on the direction of Punjab Chief Minister cum GMADA Chairman… but fact remains that GMADA neither has the power to calculate CLU charges on its own nor the same may be retained and utilised without routing receipt through consolidated fund of state,” said the report.
Short levy of CLU charges of Rs 37.16 crore in respect of IT City Scrutiny of records maintained in the office of the Accounts Officer revealed that CLU charges of Rs. 65.27 crore were calculated by the District Town Planner with respect to the IT City (Knowledge City) project.
However, the rates applicable to the residential areas were applied to group housing and commercial areas, resulting in a short levy of Rs 37.16 crore, pointed the report. Rs 279.9 crore outstanding recovery from promoters of colonies and Mega Projects.