THE GREATER Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) launched its ‘first come, first served’ housing scheme on Friday. The scheme will open on November 3 and close on November 10. This is for the first time that GMADA has launched any housing scheme on ‘first come, first served’ basis.
The GMADA officials claim that the successful candidates will get possession of their flats till April next year.
Under the scheme, GMADA will offer 315 flats of different sizes. The construction of the flats is already underway in Sector 88. The flats ranging from Rs 52 lakh to Rs 98 lakh are part of GMADA’s housing project Purab Premium Apartments.
- Mohali: Now GMADA takes e-auction route, puts up 36 sites on sale
- GMADA to launch low-density residential scheme in Mullanpur Garibdass area
- Scrapping of EWS housing scheme: Applicants threaten to move court against Punjab govt
- GMADA to launch housing scheme on ‘first come, first serve’ basis
- GMADA sets new trend: Housing only for end-users
- GMADA floats scheme for riots and terror victims in Aerocity
Speaking to Chandigarh Newsline, Estate Officer of GMADA Mahesh Bansal said that the scheme would open on November 3 and the applicants could apply from 10 am onwards. The scheme would be closed on October 10 at 5 pm.
“There will be no paperwork. People will be told how to apply for the scheme. It is an extension of the Purab Premium scheme and possession of flats will
be given till April next year,” he said.
Bansal added that this was for the first time that GMADA was launching any housing scheme online on ‘first come, first served’ basis.
The Purab Premium Apartments scheme, the first housing project of GMADA, was launched around two years ago. GMADA had to construct 1,600 flats of various sizes. Out of these, GMADA sold around 1,200 flats and decided to launch the new scheme on a pilot basis for 315 flats.