A guest faculty of Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma (GGDSD) College, Sector 32, Richa Sharma on Friday died under mysterious circumstances outside her Sector 49 residence. The deceased was found lying in a pool of blood by a domestic help who raised an alarm and called Richa’s parents.
The incident took place around 10 am in the Pink Rose enclave. Richa, 26, lived with her family on the third floor. Police have started inquest proceedings as there were no eye witnesses to the incident.
Police said that there were no external injury marks on Richa’s body. “The reason behind her death will be ascertained only after post-mortem which will be conducted on Saturday,” said Rajesh Shukla, SHO Sector 3 police.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to one of Richa’s relatives, she woke up late to go to the college. “Around 10 am, Richa told her parents that she was going downstairs to take a stroll as the bathroom was not free. After some time, their maid left their house and saw Richa lying in a pool of blood.”
Richa was bleeding from nose and ears and was rushed to Fortis Hospital, Mohali where doctors declared her dead on arrival and police was informed.
A team from the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) reached the spot in the evening. “There are many possibilities. Richa might have fallen from the balcony of her flat or may be when she went downstairs, she suffered a brain stroke and fell or may be she was hit by a car,” police said.
Police added Richa was undergoing treatment at the neurology department of the Fortis hospital since 2008. A relative said that she had fainted two days back and was taken to Fortis for check-up.
Richa is survived by parents and a brother. Richa’s father S K Gopal is a retired Panjab University professor.