A guest faculty of Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma (GGDSD) College, Sector 32, Richa Sharma on Friday died under mysterious circumstances outside her Sector 49 residence. The deceased was found lying in a pool of blood by a domestic help who raised an alarm and called Richa’s parents.
The incident took place around 10 am in the Pink Rose enclave. Richa, 26, lived with her family on the third floor. Police have started inquest proceedings as there were no eye witnesses to the incident.
Police said that there were no external injury marks on Richa’s body. “The reason behind her death will be ascertained only after post-mortem which will be conducted on Saturday,” said Rajesh Shukla, SHO Sector 3 police.
According to one of Richa’s relatives, she woke up late to go to the college. “Around 10 am, Richa told her parents that she was going downstairs to take a stroll as the bathroom was not free. After some time, their maid left their house and saw Richa lying in a pool of blood.”
Richa was bleeding from nose and ears and was rushed to Fortis Hospital, Mohali where doctors declared her dead on arrival and police was informed.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
A team from the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) reached the spot in the evening. “There are many possibilities. Richa might have fallen from the balcony of her flat or may be when she went downstairs, she suffered a brain stroke and fell or may be she was hit by a car,” police said.
Police added Richa was undergoing treatment at the neurology department of the Fortis hospital since 2008. A relative said that she had fainted two days back and was taken to Fortis for check-up.
Richa is survived by parents and a brother. Richa’s father S K Gopal is a retired Panjab University professor.