Chaos marked the visit of former BJP president Nitin Gadkari to Panjab University (PU) for the Shaam-e-Hindustan, a cultural event organised by the Hindustan Student Association (HSA) in association with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) at the Law Auditorium on Wednesday.
The organisers seemed helpless when it came to controlling the crowd that kept on increasing, with many climbing on to the stage.
The event was organised to mark the joining of HSA’s senior cadre to BJP, and announce the HSA’s alliance with ABVP.
The event was attended by senior HSA leaders, led by Navneet Gujjar and members of ABVP and BJP.
The hall packed with students and members of HSA and ABVP, saw a section of the audience hooting during Gadkari’s speech.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Addressing the students, Gadkari blamed wrong economic policies and bad governance of the present government for the problem of unemployment among the youngsters. “Our youngsters have so much talent, but we are unable to provide them opportunities,” he said.
Talking about the need for innovation and entrepreneurship, Gadkari said, “Once our party comes into power, we will set up two new departments for the welfare of the students. These will include the departments of e-Governance and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.”
He called upon the students to make maximum use of solar energy, rainwater harvesting and other green technologies, while emphasising on the need for skill development.
BJP councillor Saurabh Joshi, who was present on the occasion, hailed the HSA student leaders joining the BJP as an achievement for the party led by Narendra Modi. “These youngsters will lead the nation and take it forward,” he added.