Chaos marked the visit of former BJP president Nitin Gadkari to Panjab University (PU) for the Shaam-e-Hindustan, a cultural event organised by the Hindustan Student Association (HSA) in association with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) at the Law Auditorium on Wednesday.
The organisers seemed helpless when it came to controlling the crowd that kept on increasing, with many climbing on to the stage.
The event was organised to mark the joining of HSA’s senior cadre to BJP, and announce the HSA’s alliance with ABVP.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The event was attended by senior HSA leaders, led by Navneet Gujjar and members of ABVP and BJP.
The hall packed with students and members of HSA and ABVP, saw a section of the audience hooting during Gadkari’s speech.
Addressing the students, Gadkari blamed wrong economic policies and bad governance of the present government for the problem of unemployment among the youngsters. “Our youngsters have so much talent, but we are unable to provide them opportunities,” he said.
Talking about the need for innovation and entrepreneurship, Gadkari said, “Once our party comes into power, we will set up two new departments for the welfare of the students. These will include the departments of e-Governance and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.”
He called upon the students to make maximum use of solar energy, rainwater harvesting and other green technologies, while emphasising on the need for skill development.
BJP councillor Saurabh Joshi, who was present on the occasion, hailed the HSA student leaders joining the BJP as an achievement for the party led by Narendra Modi. “These youngsters will lead the nation and take it forward,” he added.