The Chandigarh Police arrested four alleged drug peddlers wanted by the Punjab police. The accused, Chhinder Singh, Bachittar Singh, Amarjit Singh and Harpreet Singh, were arrested by separate teams of the Crime Branch.
On Saturday, Chhinder was arrested with 50 grams of charas, while Amarjit was held with 10 grams of heroine. Bachittar was arrested on Sunday with 50 grams heroine and 1.1 kg of charas, while Harpreet had 10 grams heroine with him.
The accused alleged disclosed during interrogation that they shifted base to Chandigarh due to sharp vigil by the Punjab police. They said they sold drugs to college students and disclosed names of more peddlers. The Chandigarh Police has shared this information with the Punjab police to nab the other accused.
Who are the accused?
According to the police, Chhinder Singh is a state-level wrestler and has played kabbadi till the national level. Chhinder’s brother, Harmesh Singh, was arrested by the Punjab Police for carrying three kgs of heroine and is serving a sentence in Ferozepur Jail.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Chhinder was earlier a consumer who started started selling drugs after his brother’s arrest. When the Punjab police started searching for him during its drive against sale of drugs, Chhinder fled to Chandigarh and targeted college students. Several cases have been registered against Chhinder by the Punjab police.
Bachittar , meanwhile, has been involved in illegal sale of heroine since three years. He was previously arrested by the Punjab police for selling heroine and was convicted of the crime.
After completing his sentence, Bachittar again started peddling drugs and later moved to Chandigarh.
Amarjit, on the other hand, has been a consumer of heroine since two years, police said. To arrange the money for drugs, he started selling drugs in Amritsar. He soon cultivated a network of contacts in Chandigarh and started selling drugs here after the Punjab police launched a special drive against the same.
The fourth accused, Harpreet, belongs to the economically weaker section and was under heavy debt. To earn quick money, he came in contact with Bachittar, who resides in the same village as Harpreet. Harpreet also moved to Chandigarh to sell drugs.