The Finance and Contract Committee of the municipal corporation on Thursday decided to impose a penalty of up to Rs 10,000 on parking contractors for overcharging and blacklisting those contractors who surrender their lots more than twice.
Among other decisions, the committee ordered a 50 per cent hike in rates for permission to set up stalls on the eve of different festivals.
“The recommendations of a sub-committee regarding paid parking lots were accepted in the meeting today. Contractors who surrender lots as a mark of protest more than twice will be black-listed and the penalty for over-charging has been increased,” said councillor Pardeep Chhabra, a member of the committee.
Officials said that the committee decided to invite tenders for the auction of exhibition ground in Sector 34 during the Diwali mela this year. “If there’s no response to the tender notice within 10 days, a three-member committee will explore the option of organising the Diwali Mela-2014 by the MC,” said an MC official. He added that the committee had also decided that installing of tents without permission would be penalised.
“Tents etc. which cause damage to roads or parking areas would be forfeited and heavy fine imposed on them,” the official said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Other approved agenda items include procurement of effective micro-organisms (EM) bacterial solution for dumping grounds, strengthening sewage system in Sector 15, maintenance of road berms, procurement of slacked lime for the next three months, requirement of infrastructure for establishing anti-rabies clinic in Sector 38, purchase of two cattle-catching vehicles and procurement of pesticides in the sanitation wing.
Officials said the committee also approved the formulation of a policy for allotment of water kiosks in Sector 17.