Starting from March 3, two special trains will be operating from Chandigarh to various destinations in Uttar Pradesh to meet the festival rush. The last trip of these trains will be made on March 31.
The first train is Chandigarh-Varanasi Weekly Express (04504). A Holi special train, it will depart from Chandigarh on every Thursday from March 6 to March 27. The train will make a total of four trips. The train will depart from Chandigarh at 11.15 pm and will reach Varanasi at 05.30 pm the next day. It will have stoppages at Ambala, Saharanpur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow and Varanasi. The train will have two third A/C coaches, one second A/C coach and one first A/C coach. It will also have four general class coaches and eight sleeper class coaches.
On its return journey, Varanasi-Chandigarh ( 04503) will depart from Varanasi on every Friday from March 7 to March 28. The train will depart from Varanasi at 09.10 pm and will reach Chandigarh at 02.30 pm the next day. The train will make a total of four trips in the month of March.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Another train for Uttar Pradesh is Nangal Dam-Lucknow Weekly Superfast Express (04502). It will depart from Nangal Dam at 11.45 pm on every Monday from March 3 to March 31 and will reach Lucknow at 02.10 pm the next day. The train will have stoppages at Chandigarh, Ambala, Saharanpur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Hardoi and Lucknow. The train will depart from Chandigarh at 2.20 am and will reach Lucknow at 2.10 pm. The train will complete its journey of 772 kilometres in 14 hours and 25 minutes. It will have total eight stoppages. This train will have one second A/C coach and one third A/C coach along with two sleeper class coaches and six general class coaches.
“More special trains may be started in the coming weeks depending upon the waiting list for particular trains on a specific route. If we find that in spite of augmenting coaches in a particular train, there is still a long waiting list, we may introduce special trains on that route,” said a railway official.