For the second consecutive day on Saturday, low visibility caused by dense fog affected the air and train services adversely, with all the flights operating from Chandigarh being cancelled.
“The visibility was low due to fog today. None of the flights from Delhi or any other destinations landed at the Chandigarh airport and we had to cancel all the flights,” said an airport official.
Some of the flights that were cancelled were SpiceJet flight 2112 from Chandigarh to Delhi, GoAir flight 382 from Chandigarh to Mumbai, Air India flight 863 from Chandigarh to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3658 from Chandigarh to Delhi, SpiceJet flight 2116 from Chandigarh to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 2652 from Chandigarh to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3658 from Chandigarh to Delhi and JetKonnect flight 2516 from Chandigarh to Jaipur. On Friday too, all the flights were cancelled.
Rail traffic was also hit hard. Howrah Delhi Kalka Mail (12311) which has a scheduled arrival at Chandigarh railway station at 3 am was delayed by four hours and 50 minutes. Chandigarh New Delhi Janshatabdi (12058) arrived 40 minutes behind schedule.
Unchahar Express (14217) which has a scheduled arrival at the Chandigarh railway station at 9.25 am reached 10 hours and 24 minutes behind schedule.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, those travelling for shorter distance had some relief. Kalka-New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12005 ), Kalka Mail (12312) and Kalka Shatabdi (12006) arrived at Chandigarh on time. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express (12011) which has a scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 11.05 am reached on time. Himalayan Queen (14095) from Delhi to Kalka and Lucknow Chandigarh Express ((15011)) from Lucknow to Chandigarh also arrived on time.
‘Visibility to increase’
Surinder Paul, director, MeT department, said, “In the next 48 hours, visibility in the morning and night will increase, and there will be no clouds. The foggy condition will prevail till February 2 and there is a possibility of rain too in these 48 hours.” He added that on February 6 and 7, the weather would be more cold with a possibility of fog and rain.