VOTING early in the Lok Sabha election could bring its rewards on April 10.
“We have decided to give surprise gifts and discount coupons worth Rs 500 to the first 10 voters at all 400 polling booths in the city,” said Deputy Commissioner Mohammed Shayin on Tuesday.
Since there are surprise gifts, he did not share the details. As for the discount coupons, the administration has tied up with various fashion stores, saloons and parlours. Voters will have to visit the outlets with the discount coupons on the day of the polling to register themselves and avail the benefit.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
On their own, several food joints, hairdressing saloons, gyms, Big Bazaar, and branded outlets in Sector 17 plaza or in the malls will be offering discounts ranging from 10 to 30 per cent to all voters, irrespective of age. The voters just have to show the ink mark on their finger along with the voter card.
For young voters in the 18-25 age group, there will be free cold drinks and popcorn at multiplex cinema halls, including PVR at Elante mall, Centra Mall, Fun Republic and DT Cinemas.
Body spa centres and hairdressing saloons, including Head Masters and Tress Lounge L’Oreal, will be offering a flat 30 per cent discount on April 10 and 11 on all services. Here also, all that the voters will have to do is show their voter card, along with the ink mark on the finger. The voters can register themselves on these days if they want the service later.
Several dhabas in sectors 9,10, 11 and 12, 35, Pal Dhaba in Sector 28, Gopal Sweets, many cafeterias, leading food joints in sectors 26, 8 and 35, CITCO hotels, including Transit Lodge in Sector 17, Hotel Mountview in Sector 10, Hotel Shivalik View in Sector 17, Hotel Parkview in Sector 24, and CITCO Pub Chef Lakeview in Sector 5 will be offering 30 per cent discount on food items on April 10 and 11.
In total, 31 city hotels have been registered to date. Aroma Hotel, Sector 22, Hotel Heritage, Sector 35, Hotel Amar, Sector 22, Hot Millions, Sector 17, KC Residency, Sector 35, Jullunder Hotel, Sector 22, Hotel Orange, Sector 35, Maya Palace, Sector 35, Monarch, Metro Sector 35, and Yo China, Sector 22, are some of the hotels where 30% discount will be available. However, Gopal’s and Sindhi Sweets, Sector 17, will be offering 10% discount on all the food items.
The Kapson’s chain of lifestyle stores will offer discounts up to 15 per cent on most items. Darpan Kapoor, vice-chairman of Kapsons Fashions Ltd, said, “We have 40 outlets in Chandigarh and discounts will be available at all of them. Since it’s the beginning of the season, we are offering 10 per cent discount on fresh arrivals and up to 15 per cent on the already available items. The offer will be available on April 11 to April 13.”
UT Joint Chief Electoral Officer Tilak Raj said that the department had tied up with all branded fashion stores and food joints in Sector 17 and shopping mall Elante, which are the crowd pulling places in the city. “More restaurants and shopping stores are coming forward with their offers and the list of all the outlets offering discounts will be released in two days,” he added.