The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) extended the facility of online registration of OPD patients to five more departments on Monday. These are departments of internal medicine, general surgery, plastic surgery, ENT and urology.
The facility was already available in ophthalmology (Advanced Eye Centre), dermatology, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, the Drug De-addiction and Training Centre and the Oral Health Sciences Centre.
- Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan embody the 'Thug life' and we can't get enough of them. See photos, video
- Bayern Munich let two-goal lead slip, draw with Wolfsburg
- Would love to be considered for the role of ODI batting coach: Michael Bevan
- In deal with Australia, US to notify 54 refugees of acceptance soon
- ASI, GSI probe if lingam at Mahakal temple has shrunk
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal all but dead; McCain deals the blow
Patients can register themselves at the institute website (http://pgimer.edu.in) for a visit to any of these departments on a chosen date in the next one week. The facility is meant only for first-time visitors.
After they fill in a personal information, a pre-registration number is sent to their registered mobile number and e-mail ID. By presenting this number at a special counter in the department on the chosen day, they can get an OPD card with a unique and permanent patient CR number which is used for all subsequent visits to the hospital.
In case a patient does not come to the OPD on the chosen day, he has to re-register on the web.