The district health department reported that five more residents of Haryana Employees Welfare Organisation (HEWO) Society, MDC, Sector 5, have fallen ill after drinking contaminated water on Monday. Around 30 residents of the society already taken ill in last 15 days, are suspected to be suffering from water borne disease.
One of the residents, R C Shukla said, “My son has fallen ill after drinking contaminated water. We are yet to know if he is suffering from typhoid.” High drama was witnessed inside the society as residents complained against the inaction of the office bearers of HEWO in resloving the issue. A team of police soon reached the spot to cool down the matter. Thereafter, district civil surgeon V K Bansal, along with a team of doctors also reached the spot to identify more patients. “A team of doctors have been deployed to identify more patients and provide them with adequate medical treatment. We have offered to provide every kind of medical assistance to the residents here,” said Bansal.
Meanwhile, residents continued to complain about the contaminated water being supplied at their homes, forcing many to buy drinking water from nearby market. Pushpa, a resident said, “The water that Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) supplies is still dirty due to which my husband and I have fallen ill.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Maneesha, another resident said, “Even after installing a water purifyer, the water is not fit for drinking.”
On Sunday, relatives of the 11-year-old girl, who had died due to typhoid staged a protest at HEWO against the HUDA and the office bearer of the society. Following the protest, officials of the Public Health Department, HUDA visited the society and took water samples. They also took the blood sample of those who had fallen ill.