The district health department reported that five more residents of Haryana Employees Welfare Organisation (HEWO) Society, MDC, Sector 5, have fallen ill after drinking contaminated water on Monday. Around 30 residents of the society already taken ill in last 15 days, are suspected to be suffering from water borne disease.
One of the residents, R C Shukla said, “My son has fallen ill after drinking contaminated water. We are yet to know if he is suffering from typhoid.” High drama was witnessed inside the society as residents complained against the inaction of the office bearers of HEWO in resloving the issue. A team of police soon reached the spot to cool down the matter. Thereafter, district civil surgeon V K Bansal, along with a team of doctors also reached the spot to identify more patients. “A team of doctors have been deployed to identify more patients and provide them with adequate medical treatment. We have offered to provide every kind of medical assistance to the residents here,” said Bansal.
Meanwhile, residents continued to complain about the contaminated water being supplied at their homes, forcing many to buy drinking water from nearby market. Pushpa, a resident said, “The water that Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) supplies is still dirty due to which my husband and I have fallen ill.”
Maneesha, another resident said, “Even after installing a water purifyer, the water is not fit for drinking.”
On Sunday, relatives of the 11-year-old girl, who had died due to typhoid staged a protest at HEWO against the HUDA and the office bearer of the society. Following the protest, officials of the Public Health Department, HUDA visited the society and took water samples. They also took the blood sample of those who had fallen ill.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review