After a team of doctors of the district health department took blood samples of residents of Haryana Employees Welfare Organisation (HEWO) Society, MDC, Sector 5, who had reportedly fallen ill after drinking contaminated water, five cases have turned out to be positive for typhoid.
According to the district civil surgeon V K Bansal, blood samples of nine people in the society were collected in the past few days, who had taken ill. Of them, five have turned out to be positive of typhoid, as per the reports.
Meanwhile, construction work for the installation of new pipelines to residences, where individuals have taken ill has started in the society. Two set of pipelines would be installed. The first pipeline (two inches diameter) would connect the underground supply line provided by HUDA (Haryana Urban Development Authority) to the overhead tanks situated on the terrace. The second pipeline (half inch diameter) would connect the overhead tanks to the water taps in the residences.
“Complaints about contaminated water were received from four blocks. We have started with the construction work in one of the blocks and would complete the work soon,” said Hari Om, president (HEWO). Meanwhile, the district administration is sending water tanks to the society to prevent further cases of residents falling ill.
“The tap water coming to my house is still contaminated. However, a water tank is now visiting the society everyday to provide clean drinking water. The office bearers of the society have also started installation work of new pipes, which would hopefully put an end to the problem,” said Suchi Singh, a resident of the society who too had fallen ill.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Around 30 residents of the society have already fallen ill in last 15 days, suspected to be suffering from water borne disease. On February 23, family and the relatives of the 11-year-old girl, who died due to typhoid reportedly caused by contaminated water a week ago, had staged a protest at HEWO against the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) and the office bearer of the society. Following the protest, officials of the Public Health Department, HUDA had visited the society and taken the water samples. They also took the blood sample of those who had fallen ill. The report of the water samples taken is awaited.