In a group clash which broke out at the dividing road of sectors 10 and 11 on Friday evening, the Chandigarh Police arrested eight youths, five of whom have been booked for attempt to murder.
Two cross-cases were registered by the police at Sector 3 Police Station on Friday night.
“All the youths involved in the clash are residents of Mohali and are students pursuing their graduation from different colleges of Tricity. The two groups had been nursing a grudge against each other for the past few years. On Friday evening, the two groups met at a coffee shop in Sector 11 and exchanged verbal abuses,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police (Central) Ashish Kapoor.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The DSP added, “Following this, when one of the groups was near the Sector 10-11 dividing road, the other group came and the eight youths entered into a scuffle. After Gurmanjeet was seriously injured, he was taken to GMSH-16. The police officials of GMSH-16 Police Post informed the Station House Officer and a case was registered.”
The first case was registered on the complaint of Abhinav Dutta, 20, a resident of Sector 70, Mohali. Dutta alleged that Harmanjot Singh, Rana Karamjit and three more persons attacked the complainant and his friends Gurmanjeet and Jaswinder Singh with sharp-edged weapons on Friday night. A case of rioting and attempt to murder was registered against Harmanjot, Rana Karamjit and three other persons.
Gurmanjeet Singh Mann, a resident of Sector 70, was seriously injuredin the clash and was referred to PGI.
In the second case, Harmanjot Singh, a resident of Sector 69, Mohali, alleged that Gurmanjeet Singh and his friends thrashed him and his friends. A case under sections 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (assault) of the IPC was registered by the police.
Harmanjot, Rana Karamjit, Gurmanjeet, Abhinav and Jaswinder were arrested by the police. Harmanjot and Rana Karamjit were produced in a local court which remanded them in two-day police custody to recover the weapons used in the incident.