In a group clash which broke out at the dividing road of sectors 10 and 11 on Friday evening, the Chandigarh Police arrested eight youths, five of whom have been booked for attempt to murder.
Two cross-cases were registered by the police at Sector 3 Police Station on Friday night.
“All the youths involved in the clash are residents of Mohali and are students pursuing their graduation from different colleges of Tricity. The two groups had been nursing a grudge against each other for the past few years. On Friday evening, the two groups met at a coffee shop in Sector 11 and exchanged verbal abuses,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police (Central) Ashish Kapoor.
The DSP added, “Following this, when one of the groups was near the Sector 10-11 dividing road, the other group came and the eight youths entered into a scuffle. After Gurmanjeet was seriously injured, he was taken to GMSH-16. The police officials of GMSH-16 Police Post informed the Station House Officer and a case was registered.”
The first case was registered on the complaint of Abhinav Dutta, 20, a resident of Sector 70, Mohali. Dutta alleged that Harmanjot Singh, Rana Karamjit and three more persons attacked the complainant and his friends Gurmanjeet and Jaswinder Singh with sharp-edged weapons on Friday night. A case of rioting and attempt to murder was registered against Harmanjot, Rana Karamjit and three other persons.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Gurmanjeet Singh Mann, a resident of Sector 70, was seriously injuredin the clash and was referred to PGI.
In the second case, Harmanjot Singh, a resident of Sector 69, Mohali, alleged that Gurmanjeet Singh and his friends thrashed him and his friends. A case under sections 341 (wrongful restraint) and 323 (assault) of the IPC was registered by the police.
Harmanjot, Rana Karamjit, Gurmanjeet, Abhinav and Jaswinder were arrested by the police. Harmanjot and Rana Karamjit were produced in a local court which remanded them in two-day police custody to recover the weapons used in the incident.