Excise Dept to hold auction for liquor vends today

The UT Excise and Taxation Department is all set to hold the auction for 217 liquor vends on Tuesday.

Written by Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published: April 23, 2013 1:53 am

The UT Excise and Taxation Department is all set to hold the auction for 217 liquor vends on Tuesday.

Also,by Tuesday,it will be clear whether there are any takers for the 32-odd liquor vends which are currently located on the roadside,and as per the orders of the apex court,will be shifted to some other locations provided the vendors have their own spaces other than on the roadside.

Interestingly,these vends were the ones which had attracted the most bids amount and also earned a huge revenue throughout the year. One of the vends in Sector 43 main road had received the highest bid of Rs 4.4 crore in last year’s auction.

These 32 vends had earned a revenue of between Rs 50 and 55 crores last year.

For the excise year 2013-14,the department has invited bids for the Retail sale IMFL (L-2) vends and Retail sale Country liquor (L-14A).

This year there will be only two categories of vends in Retail sale IMFL (L-2) vends i.e. SCO/ SCF/ Shop/ booth category and Modern Liquor shop and only one category in Retail sale Country liquor (L-14A) vends i.e. SCO/ SCF/ Shop/ Booth category.

The number of vends in retail sale IMFL (L-2) and Country liquor (L-14A) are being kept at 152 and 65 respectively.

As per the norms,the licensee will be required to pay 30% of license fee (bid amount) within seven days from the date of finalising the tenders,which will also include the earnest money tendered by him with the tender document. The remaining 70% of the license fee will be payable in seven equal installments of 10% each by the close of the last working day of each month starting from June 30,2013.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.