FORMER SAD MP Varinder Singh Bajwa returned to the Congress on Thursday. This is his fifth joining of three political parties in the state over two decades. Bajwa, who had started his political career with the Congress back in the early 1980s, had shifted to SAD in the mid-90s, then joined People’s Party of Punjab (PPP) in 2012 before returning to the Congress.
Bajwa was Youth Congress leader in the 1980s and then he became Congress district president of Hoshiarpur in 1995 when he joined SAD (Badal) where he was nominated as Rajya Sabha MP. Before the 2012 Assembly election, he left SAD and joined Manpreet Badal’s PPP. But, after sometime, he again returned to SAD.
Today, Bajwa came back to his mother party — Congress — and said that if any good can happen in Punjab, it is possible only under Captain Amarinder Singh, the state Congress president. It is learnt that Congress has promised to field Bajwa from a seat in Hoshiarpur district, where he has some following, in the upcoming Assembly election. Observers said people like Bajwa are a classic example of “turncoats” in politics who would jump ship any number of times for selfish reasons.
Also, retired IAS officer TR Sarangal joined Congress today.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched