For the old and differently abled passengers, boarding a train at Chandigarh railway station will now be more comfortable with a newly installed escalator being inaugurated on Friday.
The new escalator built at platform number two and three was inaugurated by former railways minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, who also flagged off a new train to Indore.
“With the introduction of so many new trains in the last one year, the use of other platforms will increase. To provide the passengers hassle-free boarding of trains, the escalators have been installed. Very soon other proposed escalator at the platform number one will be installed as the work for its installation is moving at a fast pace,” said Bansal.
The escalators, for which work started at platform number two and three at the beginning of the last year, will take passengers from platforms directly towards the two entrances to the station from Chandigarh and Panchkula side. This will reduce the rush at platform number one. At present, the stairs lead all passengers to platform number one.
The work for installation of escalators and extension of the foot overbridge that is currently going on at the station is likely to be completed by December. Once completed, the escalator with foot overbridge that is being extended towards the entrance of the station will ensure that passengers going to other platforms need not cross the platform number one to board trains.
A new waiting room located beside the CCTV room at platform number one and two toilets built at the station were also inaugurated on Friday. With the introduction of the new trains, the footfall at the railway station has increased considerably. The new waiting room will provide passengers more space to rest.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It was announced that a new parking lot would be built on the right side of the entry to the railway station. The existing parking lot is overflowing with vehicles, causing frequent problems.