Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Shayin on Saturday ordered a city-wide inspection of all commercial buildings awaiting approval for checking violations of building bylaws, illegal constructions and encroachments.
Armed with buildings plans, three teams of officials visited 25 locations in various sectors and inspected the buildings. They took photogaphs and made videos. The exercise will continue on Sunday.
Talking to Newsline, the Deputy Commissioner said, “It was decided that all buildings for which the building plans are under approval should be inspected. A report will be submitted to me by Monday. We will take action as per the report.”
Asked about the purpose of the exercise, which is the largest in recent years, the DC said, “First people construct the properties illegally and then demand a change in policy. This practice has to stop. I have already ordered registration of an FIR and if needed, we will seal and demolish the buildings.”
A team of officials, led by sub-divisional magistrate Kashish Mittal, closed Elante Mall for a few hours and conducted an inspection. Mittal refused to share the details of the inspection. The other two teams were led by SDM Danish Ashraf and assistant estate officer Rahul Gupta.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gupta, said, “We will tally the actual construction with the building plans submitted in the estate office. The violations will be pointed out in the reports.”
The exercise comes close on the heels of sealing of six buildings earlier this week for violation of building bylaws. The cases have been sent to the DC for approval. However, an independent check showed major deviations.
Besides ordering sealing, the DC wrote to SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill, recommending registration of FIR against the buildings and other officials under the Prevention of Corruption Act, allegedly for covering up the violations.
Asked about the status of the DC’s complaint, the SSP said, “Our legal arm is verifying the complaint and we will take action as per their recommendation.”