A public holiday has been declared on July 7 in all government offices/ boards/ corporations/ institutions including industrial establishments under the Chandigarh Administration and also within the meaning of Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 on account of Eid-ul-Fitr.
A restricted holiday already declared on July 6, on account of Eid-ul-Fitr, stands cancelled.
However, Panjab University (PU)offices and Teaching Departments will remain closed on July 6, 2016 as notified earlier by the university. PU offices will be open on July 7. A PU spokesperson informed that in view of the already announced admission dates and process of admission being in motion, the holiday of Eid-ul-Fitr at PU would be observed on July 6 as was declared earlier.
- Decide on increase of grant share to PU in 2 weeks, HC tells Punjab govt
- PU CET PG result 2017 declared at puchd.ac.in, here’s how to download
- Eid to be celebrated across India tomorrow
- Confusion over Eid holiday, but most Pune schools decide to remain shut
- Eid-ul-Fitr a gazetted holiday,but no clarity about pvt schools
However, all those individuals who desired to avail a holiday on July 7 on account of Eid-ul-Fitr will be granted Special Casual leave on individual request, he added.