Fifth edition of Model United Nations Conference BVCMUN’2014 organised by Bhavan Vidyalaya School in Sector 27 from August 1-3 concluded on Sunday, with the Delhi Public School, Noida, taking away the Best Delegate Award.
Bhavan Vidyalaya played host to many well known schools from the Tricity, Sanawar, New Delhi- NCR, Jaipur, Jammu and Srinagar. Two teams came from Lahore as well, making the event an international venture. The guests of honour for the closing ceremony were P R Aggarwal, Honorary Secretary of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chandigarh, and Madhukar Malhotra, an eminent Rotarian and a noted Kendra Committee member.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, United Nations Convention Against Corruption – Conference of State Parties (CoSP), United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, United Nations Security Council and Indo-Pak Special Meet on Kashmir were some of the formed committees at the conference.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
This year too, the agendas were related to crucial global issues. The topics included the role and responsibility of private military companies in armed conflict, children in armed conflict acts of fraud, misconduct and wrong doing, amounting to criminal intent among the peacekeeping forces mandated by United Nations, the question of space debris in earth’s orbit and atmosphere, the situation in Crimea and the issue of Kashmir .