EXPECTED TO finish by November-end, the doubling work of Dappar-Chandigarh railway line will take more time before it can be commissioned by the Railways.
Northern Railway General Manager A K Putia during the annual inspection of Chandigarh railway station recently had said that doubling was expected to get completed by next month. The railway officials, however, said that it would not be commissioned before December this year.
“The work is going on and it is expected to be completed in December,” said Chief Administrative Officer(Construction), Northern Railway, P K Sanghi. When asked about the delay in work, he said that construction of a bridge was going on on the railway line.
Another railway official said that the delay was being caused because of two reasons. “One is the construction of a new bridge between Dappar-Chandigarh and second is the installation of new signalling system which will take time,” said a senior railway official, adding that it might take “few more months” before the doubling was commissioned.
The doubling of Ambala-Dappar is already finished, and now the Railways is working hard to finish the pending Dapper and Chandigarh line. Once the doubling is done, railway officials said that the signalling equipment would get changed and also one additional platform (platform number 6) would get commissioned. “It is one of the main works around Chandigarh which is going on now. Once the doubling is done, we can expect more trains would come to the Chandigarh railway station,” said a railway official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More