The Narcotics Control Bureau has booked Dr Ashwin Mohan, who practised at a local hospital, under the NDPS Act for allegedly possessing large quantities of buprenorphine and other tablets which are used for drug de-addiction.
As many as 71,200 tablets, including 18,800 of buprenorphine, were seized from Dr Mohan’s office in Mukat Hospital in Sector 34 and his residence in Sector 27 on Wednesday and Thursday. Rs 58 lakh and documents of property worth crores were also seized from his residence.
Dr Mohan, who was not arrested, could not be reached for comment. He is MD in psychiatry from PGI.
Nirbhay Singh, superintendent at NCB, said that Dr Mohan did not have a permit to run a de-addiction centre or a licence to possess the stock of prohibited drugs seized from him.
He said that buprenorphine is given to an addict under strict medical supervision, but Dr Mohan was selling it for Rs 400 per 10 tablets to touts who, in turn, were selling these to drug addicts for de-addiction at prices ranging from Rs 600 to Rs 1,500 for 10 tablets.
“We had been tracing him for a very long time. We have evidence which we have collected over the last many months through CCTV cameras and informers,” said the official.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The NCB sent a decoy who actually bought the drug from Dr Mohan, he said.
The official said that Dr Mohan had been turned away by other hospitals in the past because of his activities. On certain occasions, the police had to be called to control the crowds of addicts and touts in his OPD, he added.