Alleging that the National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) had ‘emotionally blackmailed’ him to join the party, Sukhjot Singh joined back the Akhil Bhartiya Vidya Parishad (ABVP) on Wednesday as the campus president.
Leaders and members of ABVP held a press conference on Wednesday to state that NSUI members forced Sukhjot to join their party on the pretext that he would be given good responsibilities.
On August 12, Sukhjot had joined NSUI in the presence of the National president Roji John. Sukhjot had said, “I was with ABVP for five to six months. Though they had me as the campus president, nobody bothered to guide me while NSUI members helped me to take a stand.”
However, after getting back to his party, Sukhjot said, “I was under pressure since two days. The NSUI members had taken me to Kurukshetra, promising to make me meet Prakash Singh Badal, but nothing happened. Whatever I said yesterday, I said it under the pressure. I was always a member of ABVP, and will always be.”
Meanwhile, the other ABVP members claimed that NSUI is trying to influence all the innocent students of the university and are practising ‘gunda-raj’ on the campus.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
NSUI president Manoj Lubana, however said, “Sukhjot has changed several parties. What should we say in this case? It was completely his decision to leave the party and join hands with us.”