The Chandigarh Police is flooded with calls, from within the city and outside, offering information about the lone gunman who robbed a booty from Karan Jewellers in Sector 22-D on Monday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Sukhchain Singh Gill said on Wednesday, “We have received numerous calls since morning. The entire police force is working on the case and we are constantly sending teams to places from where we are getting the calls.”
On Tuesday, police had announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information about the lone gunman. It had also released his photograph.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The SSP said that it is one of its kind case where the police has a very clear picture of the accused and information is pouring in every minute. Many calls had been verified and ruled out. Among the callers are owners of PG accommodation in the city. Photo of the gunman and information about the case have also been circulated on social networking forums such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
The SSP added, “I have also asked the SHOs to send a message to presidents of various welfare associations in the city so that the picture of the accused can be circulated as much as possible.”
A police officers said that messages had been sent to Shimla, Delhi and even Canada seeking information about the gunman.
Also, the cyber crime cell is going through hundreds of Facebook profiles in order to locate the gunman.
Since the gunman was well-built, police is also visiting gyms.
It is also checking visitors to bars, lounges and health clubs and questioning kabbadi and boxing players.