The Chandigarh Police is flooded with calls, from within the city and outside, offering information about the lone gunman who robbed a booty from Karan Jewellers in Sector 22-D on Monday.
Senior Superintendent of Police Sukhchain Singh Gill said on Wednesday, “We have received numerous calls since morning. The entire police force is working on the case and we are constantly sending teams to places from where we are getting the calls.”
On Tuesday, police had announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information about the lone gunman. It had also released his photograph.
The SSP said that it is one of its kind case where the police has a very clear picture of the accused and information is pouring in every minute. Many calls had been verified and ruled out. Among the callers are owners of PG accommodation in the city. Photo of the gunman and information about the case have also been circulated on social networking forums such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
The SSP added, “I have also asked the SHOs to send a message to presidents of various welfare associations in the city so that the picture of the accused can be circulated as much as possible.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A police officers said that messages had been sent to Shimla, Delhi and even Canada seeking information about the gunman.
Also, the cyber crime cell is going through hundreds of Facebook profiles in order to locate the gunman.
Since the gunman was well-built, police is also visiting gyms.
It is also checking visitors to bars, lounges and health clubs and questioning kabbadi and boxing players.