As many as 45000 devotees thronged the Mansa Devi temple on the first day of the nine-day Navratra fest, in Panchkula on Saturday. Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki presided over the havan that was held on the inaugural day. The Mansa Devi shrine received Rs 10.29 lakh as donation. 35 silver items, 60 Canadian Dollars and 5 American Dollars were also received by the shrine.
The nine-day fest began amidst tight security on Saturday. As many as 800 security personnel have been deployed for the fest. Sixteen manned nakas and 48 CCTV cameras were also put in place for the navratra fest.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
This time, a “kamal sarovar” is being constructed near the main stairs. According to the Chief Executive officer, the Kamal Sarovar would be inaugurated by Chief Minister Manohar lal Khattar. Several union ministers were also invited for the inauguration of the Kamal Sarovar.
This year, Mansa Devi is celebrating 200 years. Special roses have been brought from Pune to decorate the shrine. Maharaja Gopal Singh of Manimajra had constructed the present main temple of Mansa Devi in Panchkula, during the period 1811–1815.