The induction ceremony of the new board members of the Rotaract Club of DAV College, Sector 10, was held on Thursday at the Rotary House, Sector 18, Chandigarh. The ceremony started with the old president of the club Japesh Sharma passing on the badge to Shammi Rajpoot.
The other office bearers, vice-president Sumanshu Joshi, secretary Vikas and joint secretary Vaibhav Pathak were also introduced and presented with badges. All the members of the club pledged full dedication.
The new president declared that the agenda of the new year would be literacy and the motto of the club would be ‘Vidya Amritam Ashunte’ meaning knowledge begets immortality. He also said the club plans to hold various events like book donation drives, blood donation camps, career counselling expo, adult education programs and vocational programmes.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The chief guest of the ceremony, Professor Paramjeet Singh, president of Rotary Club of Chandigarh, congratulated the Rotaract members for their achievements in the previous year and also wished them luck for the coming year. He said that being a Rotarian was a huge responsibility and encouraged them to work towards solving the problems existing in society.