The induction ceremony of the new board members of the Rotaract Club of DAV College, Sector 10, was held on Thursday at the Rotary House, Sector 18, Chandigarh. The ceremony started with the old president of the club Japesh Sharma passing on the badge to Shammi Rajpoot.
The other office bearers, vice-president Sumanshu Joshi, secretary Vikas and joint secretary Vaibhav Pathak were also introduced and presented with badges. All the members of the club pledged full dedication.
The new president declared that the agenda of the new year would be literacy and the motto of the club would be ‘Vidya Amritam Ashunte’ meaning knowledge begets immortality. He also said the club plans to hold various events like book donation drives, blood donation camps, career counselling expo, adult education programs and vocational programmes.
The chief guest of the ceremony, Professor Paramjeet Singh, president of Rotary Club of Chandigarh, congratulated the Rotaract members for their achievements in the previous year and also wished them luck for the coming year. He said that being a Rotarian was a huge responsibility and encouraged them to work towards solving the problems existing in society.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More