Acquitting a man of rape charges, a Mohali court Saturday called the 17-year-old daughter of the accused, “shameless” for making “absurd” allegations against her father. The girl, a resident of Naya Gaon, had called the child helpline in October last year and alleged that her father had been raping her over the last six years.
She also alleged that when she was 14, her father had impregnated her and then forced her to undergo an abortion, and all this took place in the presence of her mother.
Following the charges both her parents were arrested.
- Sharad Yadav criticises police action against protesting Banaras Hindu University students
- How Pakistani media reported Sushma Swaraj's UNGA address
- Dedication the key to world record lift, says Sohrab Moradi
- Kylie Jenner pregnant, Twitterati busy speculating that it's Kim Kardashian's surrogate
- 'Never said this is my Mann Ki Baat': PM Modi says got unique opportunity of connecting with people
- Colin Firth granted Italian dual citizenship, says he and his wife are extremely proud of their countries
They were acquitted by Additional Sessions Judge Tarsem Mangla on Thursday, after the girl turned hostile and admitted in the court that she had levelled the charges “at the instance of her boyfriend”. She, however, said that they used to beat her.
“It appears that on being beaten by her parents, she took this extreme and foolish step whereby she implicated her own father under a grave offence of moral turpitude,” remarked Mangla in his judgment.
When the trial started, the girl said that her father used to beat her but never raped her. She was declared hostile and on being cross-examined, she said that she made the allegations to the child helpline co-ordinators at the instance of her boyfriend Raju.
Her parents, too, testified that they had scolded her for her relationship with Raju.
“She appears to be a shameless girl who made an absurd allegation against her father that she was impregnated by him and that she was made to undergo an abortion.
“On being probed to tell the name of the doctor from whom she might have got her pregnancy terminated, she came up with a different version and said that she was not taken to a doctor but was administered some concoction mixed with milk for the abortion,” the judgment said.