The row between Devinder Singh Thapa and Punjab IPS officers has just got more colourful with a famous actress of the Punjabi film industry said to be ‘supporting’ Devinder and his wife Kricpy Khera. The actress is said to have contacted a top politician in the state asking him to ‘help’ Devinder.
The actress, sources said, put in a word for Devinder and his partner Sumedh Gulati after they were booked for fraud by some of the investors. Devinder and Gulati claim to have been ‘developing’ a colony in Mullanpur in New Chandigarh since 2011 through their company ‘Sky Heights Housing and Infrastructure Pvt Limited’ and were supposed to provide 2.5-acre farm house plots to each of the investors. But the company has not handed over possession even after three years. A number of the investors in the colony are senior Punjab IPS officers.
Devinder is now facing three FIRs and a trial in a CBI case. While Devinder is a proclaimed offender in Punjab, he was arrested by the Haryana police from Gurgaon on August 2 after a Chandigarh resident complained to the Panchkula police that she was not only duped by Devinder, who had allegedly promised to give her shops in a Rajpura project, but also allegedly sexually assaulted for five years.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
She also met Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during his sangat darshan last week and alleged having being defrauded by Devinder. Two of her complaints- one regarding the Rajpura shops and another regarding allegations of registration of a property by Devinder using his employee to impersonate as the seller – have been forwarded to the SSP for action by the deputy chief minister. “We will wait for the VB report in the case before taking action on these complaints,” said the Mohali SSP Inder Mohan Singh.
On the other hand, Kricpy Khera has alleged that after the registration of the first case against Devinder in March 2014, IPS officer, Gautam Cheema, along with an investor Ajay Chaudhry (who is a suspended defense accounts service officer) ‘kidnapped and beat up’ Devinder.
She had handed over her complaint to the deputy chief minister, who marked it to the ADGP (security) Dinkar Gupta. The ADGP, while marking the inquiry into Khera’s allegations to the vigilance bureau (VB), virtually stayed all action against Devinder till the inquiry was complete.
As a result, no action has been taken on the FIRs lodged on the complaints of Chaudhry, his mother-in-law and Delhi-based businessman, Yashpal Gupta, a relative of another IPS officer who invested in the project.
‘Accused getting VIP treatment’
The Panchkula police has marked an inquiry into allegations that Devinder Singh is being given VIP treatment at the Chandimandir police station. In a complaint submitted to the police, the victim alleged that enroute from Gurgaon, where Gill was arrested, the police stopped at Murthal for breakfast, and later at Gharaunda to allow him to meet his family. She also alleged that a sub-inspector gave him his cell phone.
“He called me from that cell phone and hurled abuses at me in front of the duty officers, but nothing was done. I was shocked to see the police addressing him as Sir,” added the victim. When questioned, Deputy Commissioner of Police Rahul Sharma said he had received the complaint, and marked an inquiry into the case. ENS