With an aim to curb crime in the city and streamline traffic, the Panchkula police has laid down a special plan by identifying various accident- and traffic-prone spots and deploying more personnel there. The plan took off about a week ago after a pilot test was conducted.
Under the plan, the police has identified five categories of focus areas. They include foot patrolling, special nakas, permanent nakas, management of traffic and PCR, and rider duty. For foot patrolling, a total of 101 personnel have been deployed from 10 am to 2 pm and from 5 pm to 9 pm everyday at 15 different locations in the city. This is to check suspicious activities in public places, including crowded markets.
A total of 60 personnel have been deployed for special naka duty at 10 different locations, starting from 11 am to 2 pm and from 6 pm to 9 pm to check suspicious elements in moving vehicles. In the same time period, permanent nakas have been placed on border areas for the city seal drive. A total of 28 personnel are on duty for this job.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The traffic in the city is now being handled by 43 personnel with special emphasis on areas around schools. With the city witnessing a rise in the number of accidents, school children as victims in most cases, the police have deployed personnel near eight schools from 7.30 am to 8.30 am and from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm.
In the recent past, the city has also witnessed a number of fatal accidents on several highways. The police have identified five accident-prone points on highways, including Burj Kotian and the bus stand of Kalka, for deployment of more personnel. Three interceptor points at Old Panchkula road, Zirakpur border and Tank Chowk have also been identified by the police to check over-speeding. A total of 94 personnel have been deployed in PCR vehicles and on motorcycles, who would move round the clock. “As of now, there have been no glitches in the plan and we hope that it would yield results as expected,” said DCP Aswin Shenvi.