With an aim to curb crime in the city and streamline traffic, the Panchkula police has laid down a special plan by identifying various accident- and traffic-prone spots and deploying more personnel there. The plan took off about a week ago after a pilot test was conducted.
Under the plan, the police has identified five categories of focus areas. They include foot patrolling, special nakas, permanent nakas, management of traffic and PCR, and rider duty. For foot patrolling, a total of 101 personnel have been deployed from 10 am to 2 pm and from 5 pm to 9 pm everyday at 15 different locations in the city. This is to check suspicious activities in public places, including crowded markets.
A total of 60 personnel have been deployed for special naka duty at 10 different locations, starting from 11 am to 2 pm and from 6 pm to 9 pm to check suspicious elements in moving vehicles. In the same time period, permanent nakas have been placed on border areas for the city seal drive. A total of 28 personnel are on duty for this job.
The traffic in the city is now being handled by 43 personnel with special emphasis on areas around schools. With the city witnessing a rise in the number of accidents, school children as victims in most cases, the police have deployed personnel near eight schools from 7.30 am to 8.30 am and from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm.
In the recent past, the city has also witnessed a number of fatal accidents on several highways. The police have identified five accident-prone points on highways, including Burj Kotian and the bus stand of Kalka, for deployment of more personnel. Three interceptor points at Old Panchkula road, Zirakpur border and Tank Chowk have also been identified by the police to check over-speeding. A total of 94 personnel have been deployed in PCR vehicles and on motorcycles, who would move round the clock. “As of now, there have been no glitches in the plan and we hope that it would yield results as expected,” said DCP Aswin Shenvi.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016