A day after Lakhwinder Singh, a resident of Sector 38 (West), was reported missing by his family, the UT Police were clueless of his whereabouts on Wednesday. While his mobile phone is switched off, police are scrutinising his call records.
Lakhwinder’s family is also clueless on why he abruptly left the house. His father, R C Sharma, said, “On Tuesday morning, he got ready and left the house. He never mentioned anything which was troubling him. He had recently started his business when Dell announced that they were closing their office. He had held a managerial post in Dell”. The 39-year-old was engaged in a business of mobiles in partnership with a resident of Mohali after he left his company. Lakhwinder’s wife is a teacher in a government school. Sharma said that she had also received a message from Lakhwinder before his phone was switched off.
Before he went missing, Lakhwinder messaged his younger brother to pick up his car from the parking lot at the Inter-State Bus terminus (ISBT), Sector 43. Lakhwinder even left the parking ticket in the car before leaving. “He usually goes on business trips asking his brother to take the car home. But, when his phone remained switched off and he did not return home in the evening, we approached the police”, said Deepak, Lakwinder’s brother-in-law.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
After the family approached the police, a search operation was launched. CCTV cameras at ISBT’s parking lot show Lakhwinder heading towards the buses. “The cameras are rotating. One rotation of the camera is completed in one minute. Lakhwinder is seen going towards the bus terminus but if he boarded a bus or if he was with someone was not captured in the camera as the position of the camera changed”, Deepak said. Police have now registered a case under Section 365 (abduction with an intention to wrongfully confine a person) against an unknown person in Police Station, Sector 36.