A day after Lakhwinder Singh, a resident of Sector 38 (West), was reported missing by his family, the UT Police were clueless of his whereabouts on Wednesday. While his mobile phone is switched off, police are scrutinising his call records.
Lakhwinder’s family is also clueless on why he abruptly left the house. His father, R C Sharma, said, “On Tuesday morning, he got ready and left the house. He never mentioned anything which was troubling him. He had recently started his business when Dell announced that they were closing their office. He had held a managerial post in Dell”. The 39-year-old was engaged in a business of mobiles in partnership with a resident of Mohali after he left his company. Lakhwinder’s wife is a teacher in a government school. Sharma said that she had also received a message from Lakhwinder before his phone was switched off.
Before he went missing, Lakhwinder messaged his younger brother to pick up his car from the parking lot at the Inter-State Bus terminus (ISBT), Sector 43. Lakhwinder even left the parking ticket in the car before leaving. “He usually goes on business trips asking his brother to take the car home. But, when his phone remained switched off and he did not return home in the evening, we approached the police”, said Deepak, Lakwinder’s brother-in-law.
After the family approached the police, a search operation was launched. CCTV cameras at ISBT’s parking lot show Lakhwinder heading towards the buses. “The cameras are rotating. One rotation of the camera is completed in one minute. Lakhwinder is seen going towards the bus terminus but if he boarded a bus or if he was with someone was not captured in the camera as the position of the camera changed”, Deepak said. Police have now registered a case under Section 365 (abduction with an intention to wrongfully confine a person) against an unknown person in Police Station, Sector 36.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More