After the BJP’s ‘Chai pe Charcha’ programme, the Chandigarh unit of the Congress has turned to milk. The members of the District Congress Committee on Friday distributed milk among school students.
The BJP slammed the move, saying that the Congress seems to be bereft of any new ideas.
Bottles of milk were distributed by the Congress in Sector 19. The students, especially those involved in sports activities, were given milk to drink. The party members plan to continue with similar initiatives in other parts of the city as well in the coming days.
According to president of DCC Urban (I) H S Lucky, India is a young country wherein the maximum population consists of young people who need milk more than tea as milk has more nutritional value and provides for essential nutrients.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Lucky alleged that Modi was misleading the people of the country by promoting tea instead of milk. “Even among the elderly people, doctors recommend milk as it contains calcium, protein and vitamins that are essential for the body. Congress activists will distribute milk in the coming days at various places,” he said.
However, BJP leader Arun Sood said the Congress did not have any ideas of their own, so they were copying Modi. “The Congress should be thankful to the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for giving them ideas for campaigning. However, the party has failed to understand the concept. We have started ‘Chai pe Charcha’ campaign with the aim of holding discussions over tea on how to make Modi PM,” he said.
Modi is holding ‘Chai pe Charcha’ programmes across the country where he is interacting with people and answering their questions.