Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University (PU), Professor Arun Kumar Grover, has defended PU Registrar Col G S Chadha’s decision to furnish the details regarding a complaint made against the V-C by a PU woman professor, in a Syndicate meeting on July 19.
On August 24, the woman professor sent a letter to the Vice-President of India and Chancellor of PU, Hamid Ansari, questioning the PU registrar for having submitted the details regarding the case in front of the Syndicate meeting.
- PUTA seeks apology from Panjab University registrar
- Chandigarh: Audit must be conducted again by standing committee, directed PU Syndicate
- Panjab University registrar draws Senate wrath
- Panjab University Syndicate approves fresh funds
- Sexual abuse charges against Vice-Chancellor: Issue to figure in PU Syndicate meeting
- PU V-C Sexual Harrasment Charge: Set up fact-finding committee, HRD ministry tells UGC
The professor had registered a complaint against the V-C in April this year for allegedly misbehaving with her.
In the letter, she has alleged that the registrar had no authority to furnish the complaint sent by her to the University Grants Commission in front of the members of the Syndicate.
“My complaint was made public in the meeting, but the vice-chancellor’s reply was not furnished in front of the committee. This is just causing me further humiliation,” the complainant told Chandigarh Newsline.
However, Professor Grover has submitted a reply to the chancellor stating that the registrar merely discharged his duties in having done so.
He has added that ‘the said transcript formed a part of the submissions made by the Chief of University Security and the UT Police’ to counter the allegations made against him.
PU will now consider the letter sent to the chancellor in the forthcoming meeting of its Syndicate.
The case is ongoing with the Ministry of Human Resources, and a decision of the fact-finding committee that was set up to look into the case is awaited.